Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Jacob's 1st Birthday

Jacob turned one last week and he really wasn’t sure what to think about the whole birthday thing. He preferred throwing the presents that resembled balls (he loves balls) or just holding the brightly wrapped ones. The older kids worked hard to try to teach him how to rip open the gifts they had bought for him but Jacob was content watching while they opened his gifts and then he played with them. We are learning Jacob is pretty cautious with new things.


When we sang happy birthday, Jacob just looked at us like “what are you people doing” and when it was time for the chocolate cake he wasn’t too sure about putting his fingers in it. He was fine with the white frosting but the chocolate cake took some warming up to, he makes me laugh.
Jacob did have fun once all the birthday formalities were over. His favorite part of the day was just playing with his brothers and sisters.

You can see more video of Jacob's birthday on our family web site. http://adayearly.googlepages.com/earleymovies

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh how much I miss you all. I forgot about Jacob's birthday, even after we talked about it on the phone. I am such a terrible long distance grama. I will be so incredibly happy when you come home and I will be able to celebrate their special days with you all. I miss everyone so much. I love you all.

Julie@My5monkeys said...

love your blog