Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's a . . .

Well I haven't been real great at blogging lately. I have felt so tired and sick so a lot of things have fallen to the waste side but things are looking up and I am feeling much better now. For those of you who we haven't been able to reach about our great news, we are expecting our sixth baby, we are all pretty excited about it.

It has been wonderful for me being back in Utah to have a baby again. The doctors are so thorough here and pay such great attention to the problems I have. I will be seeing 3 doctors during this pregnancy, our regular doctor, a perinatalogist/high risk doctor--due to my age, which isn't that old but I have had some pretty scary pregnancies, and a neurologist due to the mini stroke I had a few years ago. It feels like I am in a doctors office all the time. I can't complain too much though it is wonderful being back in a place where they pay such great attention to any health problems that may arise.

Yesterday, Eric and I went to our Perinatalogist appointment he does an ultrasound every time we see him. Now that I am almost 17 weeks we were able to see if we were having a boy or girl. As a family we always take bets to see who can guess what the baby is and this time it looks like our little Rachel was right we are having a girl. Rachel has been adamant from the beginning of this pregnancy that she would have a baby sister. I remember when my mom was pregnant with her fourth I was sure I was going to get a little brother but my parents were sure they would be having their fourth girl. Wewhoo for all of us, we got my little brother Rob.

We have picked out a name and it looks like we will be naming her Rebekah Rose. Adam picked out Rebekah and I wanted to name her after my Grandma Rose Day who has been such a wonderful, loving influence to me throughout my life.

It will be so wonderful having a baby around again. Our little Jacob is turning two next week and although we all refer to him as our baby he talks up a storm and does all the great things a little two year old does. We will all love having a new baby girl to hold and love.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I love that you are here. I love that you are having another baby. I love that everything is going ok. I am glad that I am closer than I was before.

Emily K said...

Congratulations!! I am SO excited for you. I hope all goes well with the pregnancy and birth.