Saturday, May 9, 2009

Joseph Lost a Tooth

The other day I was looking at Joseph as he smiled up at me and I noticed his once straight teeth in one place on the bottom weren't so straight anymore so I had him open his mouth and there stood, behind his baby tooth, an adult tooth. I was pretty shocked just because he is only 4 years old and the rest of my children were solidly five or six before they had a loose tooth.

Joseph was ecstatic to know he was going to loose his first tooth. He has had such a hard time because Rachel (now seven) has been loosing lots of teeth and getting many visits from the tooth fairy and Joseph has felt totally left out.
Eric helped Joseph's tooth fall out by flicking it a few times. Joseph proudly held his tiny tooth, went to the kitchen to put it in a baggy, and go put it under his pillow so the tooth fairy could come. It was so fun to watch how proud and big he felt.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

He looks absolutely adorable! I am so happy for him. Funny how different they all are! Alexis lost teeth years before Isaac. I love a cute toothless kid smile!
I love you Joseph. Grama